I am very happy today! Not that I am not normally happy, but not as happy as today. Why am I particularly happy today?
1. I. did.not.want.to.go.to.the.gym, BUT I went anyway. I am so glad I did!
2. I finally got my hair and eyebrows done. It has been rough two weeks!
3. It finally rained in Chicago. We haven't really had rain in forever!
4. I went out to lunch with my family and had sushi. I LOVE SUSHI!
5. I won this awesome reading comprehension packet. It has 61 pages of educational beauty. Mrs. Lindsey did an amazing job. Check it out here: the teacher wife. It is available for purchase!
6. I HAVE FOLLOWERS! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am so blessed to be able to share all of my wonderful ideas and meet some inspirational teacher friends in the bloggy-land!
Now, today is Friday the 13th. I am not superstitious or anything, but I did realize today that in exactly 1 month I will be back at work, TEACHER INSTITUTE DAY.
Uggggghhhhh....I can't decide how I feel about being back to work in four weeks. I have been working hard at home creating things and planning for the upcoming school year. This is the most productive summer I have ever had. BUT what I do over the summer, I don't HAVE to do. It's all to my leisure and it's fun. Not to say teaching isn't fun...but who doesn't love summer vacation???
I am so excited to meet my kiddos, but I really wish the summer would slow down. Maybe, if I actually stop planning and thinking about the new school year, the summer will slow down....I am not so sure....
One of my best friends teaches 8th grade math. She just about chewed my ear off the other day when she called me and I was in the teacher store buying nameplates.
"WHAT?????!!!!"" (Her response.)
She would kill me if she saw all of the stuff I have been working on this summer....!
Oh, well. :)
How do you feel about summer vacation slowly coming to an end?